Monday, March 5, 2012

Ski Fun!

For our anniversary I gave Derek a year of dates.  I planned one date per month and got everything ready for that date. Some dates require no money and little preparation and a few dates are big, excited activities. I tried to think of things Derek really loves to do or things we have never done together. January we had a sleepover at our house. We got a chick flick to watch, ordered pizza, had snacks and had a slumber party together in our living room! It was a lot of fun. For February we planned a ski trip to Brighton Ski Resort. Derek loves to ski and is really good at it. He went skiing growing up and has lots of fun stories. I however, have only been skiing twice. The first time was with some friends from high school and they will tell you I spent more time laying in the show than skiing on it! The second time was a few years later and I only lasted a few runs on the skis. I just wasn’t good at skiing and hated being cold. But I wanted to do something that Derek loved and I thought this would be perfect.

My mom let me borrow her old skis and we got the rest of the supplies we would need. We packed a healthy lunch (lunchables and chips) and drove to Brighton. The first few times down were pretty rough but I slowly got the hang of it. It was great to watch Derek ski- he is amazing. He was very patient with my slow pace and we had a really fun day together. I am so grateful to have Derek and we love the time we spend together.

 DSC02405

DSC02371 DSC02398 DSC02394 DSC02393 DSC02390 DSC02388 DSC02385 DSC02384 DSC02378 DSC02373

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I am so glad you guys have each other!!!!!! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! What a great idea... a year of dates...you are the best wifey ever Stac! I'm glad you found the perfect guy for you. You deserve the best! Love ya and we must get together while I'm in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! I want to do this!! :)

    ReplyDelete