Monday, July 29, 2013

First Camping Trip!!

We took Ashton on his first camping trip to Lava Hot Springs and we had an amazing trip. Derek's family all met up at the KOA campground and we had fun swimming, relaxing, and eating! The first night we got there pretty late so we stayed in John and Judy's trailer. Ashton did great- didn't even wake anyone up! The next day we got up and made breakfast and Derek and I took Ashton to the pool. We weren't sure how he would do but he LOVES baths so we figured he wouldn't mind the water too much. He did amazing in the pool- he smashed with his arms and kicked his legs. He is very content in the water and he absolutely loves to be outside! The second night we pitched our tent and spend a somewhat long night there! He woke up a few more times but not too bad. Overall we had an amazing time with Derek's family and Ashton survived and really enjoyed his first camping trip.

With everything that has happened with Ashton I sometimes feel that I have lost my life. My days now consist of feeding him, pumping so I can feed him later, washing all the bottles, changing diapers, and battling him to take naps. Then we start all over :) Because he is a little fussy we have a hard time going to church or to a restaurant and I really didn't even want to go camping because I didn't know if he would do alright but I am realizing more and more that we have to continue to live our lives and he will be ok. If he's not then we pack up and go home but I don't want to live my life worrying about how Ashton will react. I just want to do things and find out. He is getting bigger and handling things a lot better. He loves to be outside so luckily camping was a success and I hope we have more camping trips like this one!

































2 comments:

  1. He is SOoo cute!

    I am so glad you guys went without a lot of worry and had a break and some fun in the sun! Nothing like a little Vitamin D. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he did so good. He is just the cutest thing in this whole wide world.

    ReplyDelete